Southwest Behavioral & Health Services' InSHAPE® team is proud to be a recipient of the 2023 National InSHAPE® Program Innovation Award for its dedication leading to program expansion, creative programming, excellent outcomes, and being the only agency with staff who can currently train on the program.
Our InSHAPE® program provides the following services:
The InSHAPE® Program is an evidence-based health program for individuals experiencing mental illness. The goal of the program is to improve physical health and quality of life, reduce the risk of preventable diseases, and enhance the life expectancy of individuals with mental illnesses.
Who is eligible for InSHAPE®?
- 16 years of age and older
- Given a medical clearance by a doctor
- Receiving AHCCCS benefits and enrolled with SB&H or eligible for enrollment
Who does the InSHAPE® program entail?
- Meeting with a Health Mentor for nutrition counseling and coaching
- Setting weekly goals related to wellness including physical activity and nutrition
- Assistance in completing regular medical check-ups
- Getting out into the community to learn about resources (fitness center, farmers markets, healthy grocery shopping)
firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-265-8338