Whether you're a parent, caregiver, friend or relative, there comes a time when you need some help talking about tough issues like drinking and drug use. On this page, you'll find helpful links to tool kits that help you better communicate with a child in your life.
These tool kits:
- Help you recognize what drugs look like and how they affect the brain.
- Have sample conversations and conversation starters on drugs and drinking.
- Help parents navigate through tough transitions in teen's lives like changing schools or changing friends.
- Provide scenarios where parents and teens can practice what they would do in a situation if they were asked to drink or use drugs.
- DrugFreeAZKids.org Pledge - Teens & Tweens (A pledge to stay drug-free)
- Drug Guide (Recognize what a drug looks like, what it is called, and its affects)
- Partnering With Families Booklet (A comprehensive prevention guide for parents with kids of all ages)
- Marijuana Talk Kit (A parent's guide to having conversations and answering those tough questions about marijuana)
- Vaping Tool Kit (A parent's guide to having conversations and answering those tough questions about vaping)
- DrugFreeAZKids.org Pledge - Elementary and Preschool (A pledge to stay drug-free)
- How to Develop a Family Policy (Steps to set up a family policy regarding substance use)
- Your Child Needs You (Your guide to help your child live a healthy drug free life)